A resident of the City of Los Angeles and 15 year veteran of the LAFD with 21 years working in public safety. Works seamlessly with the community and public safety professionals while promoting professionalism, integrity, and civic responsibility. A wife and mother with excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
- San Diego Miramar College
- San Diego Mesa College
Associates of Arts Fire Science
- California State University Long Beach
80 Units towards Bachelor of Arts
- Los Angeles County/National Registry Paramedic
- California State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Fire Officer Certification
- Urban Search and Rescue
- Extensive Public Speaking Experience 5 yrs.
- Engineer of Fire Department 3 yrs.
- Hazardous Materials Technician A/B
- Aircraft Crash Fire Rescue/Fire Control 5
- San Diego Federal Firefighter 1 yr.
- Wild Land Firefighter Basic Training
- California Department of Forestry Firefighter 3 yrs.
- State of California Lifeguard 4 yrs.
- Engineer CORE Training
- Auto Extrication/Ventilation/Forcible Entry
- Rapid Intervention
- Diversity Training
- Staff Assistant Training
- Record Keeping and Report Writing
- LAFD EMT Educator
- LAFD Drill Tower Peer Group Instructor
- LAFD Recruitment Speaker
- LAFD Fire Recruit Orientation Video
- Firefighter and Paramedic Preceptor
- National Registry Paramedic Skills Test Proctor
- Team Captain and Coaches Leadership Award
- Water Polo Coach
- Fire Department Instructors Conference Volunteer
- Boys and Girls Club Volunteer
- Clean San Pedro
- Reading Tutor
- Supports Boy Scouts and Military Personnel
- Watts Labor Community Action Committee Award
- Volunteer Preschool CPR Instructor
- Career Day Speaker